Thursday, November 23, 2006

TUTORIAL TASK FOUR

Until today, I had no idea that 3D chat rooms even existed. It is an entirely new concept to me and at first I found it very difficult to see the point of it. But, as I fumbled my way through Active Worlds I have come to understand what they are used for and the differences between them, and MSN messenger.

I myself am not a user of MSN messenger. I had ICQ when I was younger which is similar to MSN. I know people who have MSN and so I know how it works but I am lead to belive it isn't for chatting to random people but pre-selected friends who are on your list. This 3D chat world seems to be free for all and although by reading some of the conversations you can see most of the people in the room know eachother, I don't think they are 'personal' friends but online ones only.

I think that chatting and creating 3D worlds really have no connection. You could do either of them without the other. I think the purpose of having these 3D chat rooms is so people who like to both chat and create have an outlet to do this and a place where they can meet people who have similar interests.

No comments: